Saturday, August 30, 2008

On being a blowhard

I've been thinking about last night's post (and the fact that I invited several people to check it out) all day. While I can't really say I regret writing it, I probably would prefer had I not ranted quite so much at the time.

Politics is such a hot-button issue, and many of us take it pretty personally. So I'm perfectly comfortable with that part of the post. However, I can't STAND it when someone with an opposing view takes a condescending or insulting tone with me just because we disagree. And it seems to me that I'm a little guilty of that in this case, so that is something I wish I'd done differently.

Truth be told, I'd been collecting those speeches for a couple of days to show them to a couple of people. Once I had them all, I wanted to put them out there right away rather than waiting until it was convenient. As I did, I got all wound up and indignant. I get frustrated that others don't see things that seem very plain to me in the same way. So I ranted and railed.

My apologies if I took it too far, but the overall message of the post remains the same. And I have a feeling there might be folks out there who'd like to see the videos all in one place like that, so I'm leaving it as it is.

No comments: